When I only have a few things leftover like rice and vegetables (before it goes bad) I use them up and make fried rice. It’s simple, budget-friendly, and delicious.
Time: 30 minutes
300 g Overnight jasmine rice
2 large eggs
3 tbsp sweet corn
2 tbsp green peas
1 tbsp carrot (I use can mixed sweet corn & green peas)
2 minced garlic
1 chopped shallot
1 green onion
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
And If you dare enough, add fresh chili for extra hot.
- Prepare a Wok or a pan over a medium high heat stove. Add the vegetable oil and scramble the eggs. Set aside of the wok.
- Throw in minced garlic and chopped shallots, stir about 30 seconds until half-cooked.
- Add in all the vegetables: sweet corn, green peas, and carrots.
- Throw in the overnight rice, light soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix it well.
- Serve the egg-fried rice while it’s warm.