My all-time favorite Indonesian cookies made from tapioca. I have just learned this recipe recently and very addicted to it. It’s also a good idea to bring as a “visiting gift” when going to friends’ house. In the beginning, it took me more than 3 hours to do this, and the more I make the less time it takes. Well, still need at least 2 hours. 🙂 But it’s a very satisfying result.
350 gr Tapioca flour
2 Pandan leaf
100 gr Margarine (room temperature)
100 gr Butter (room temperature)
100 gr Cheedar/Edame cheese (shredded)
130 gr Powdered sugar
50 ml milk
- Saute the Tapioca flour and Pandan leaves on a pan without oil on medium-high heat for about 25-30 minutes until the texture changes and becomes lighter. Filter the flour in a bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to combine margarine, butter, and powdered sugar. Slowly add cheese, eggs, and milk until it’s mixed.
- Use a spatula, slowly add in the tapioca flour. Mix it well.
- Put the batter into a plastic bag to shape the cookies.
- In the oven for about 30 minutes.