I love Japanese food, even I have never been to Japan. So I did some research on how to make beef udon and twisted this recipe a little to be my own style… This soup is perfect for rainy weather or when you are sick. It’s so light, less oil, and I can say It’s healthier…
Total Time: 30 minutes
150 g steak beef
150 g tenderloin beef (after trying out both, I prefer to have tenderloin)
1 j Onions, sliced in chunk
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
4 tbsp sake
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups Dashi broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp. salt
- Preheat a pan on medium-high with vegetable oil.
- Add in chopped onion, stir about 1 minute until it’s fragrant.
- Throw in the beef, stir until it’s cooked.
- Season with the sauces. Cook for another 5 minutes. Ready. Set aside.
- Cook udon noodle in the boiling water, normally about 3 minutes, but it depends also on the brand, please check the instruction. Put in a bowl.
- Cook the dashi broth and its mixed sauce in a pot until it’s boiled. Now your soup is ready, you can put the udon in a bowl, pour in the soup, top it with the beef and garnish it with vegetable of choice and spring onion.
- Also, if you like, you can garnish it with used dashi and katsuobushi.