Refreshing Chicken Lemon dish, perfect for spring time. It’s sour, sweet, crunchy, and satisfying. Enjoy cooking and hope you like it… 🙂
Total Time: 1 hour
800 g chicken breast (about 4 pieces), cut into 1-2 cm cube
1 ½ cup flour
250 ml vegetable oil for deep frying
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 egg white
2 garlic, chopped
2 cm ginger, grated
2 tbsp light soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 lemon, squeezed (I could recommend roll the lemon before, it makes squeezing easier)
1 lemon zest (not too much, because it will be bitter)
2 tsp chicken powder
1 cup water
3 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tsp water
Chopped spring onion
- Marinate the chicken for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat a wok/deep cooking pan with vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Add in the flour into the marinated chicken, massage and mix them well. It will be a little slumpy but that’s the texture you want to get the crispy chicken.
- Once the oil is heated, deep fry the chicken into 2-3 parts, depending on how big your pan is. Set aside on the kitchen paper.
- On a clean wok/cooking pan, heat up a few spoons of vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, stir until it’s fragrant.
- Pour in other ingredients for the lemon sauce, turn down the heat to medium, mix then well and try it out, you can adjust the taste according to your preference.
- Once you are happy with the taste, add in the chicken. Mix them well until all the chicken is covered with the lemon sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion, ready to serve.