This soup is not like any other soup. It’s sour, peperrie, and slimy. It has a unique taste and the ingredients are very vegetarian friendly. It reminds me a lot of Beijing’s time, and they also call it Beijing soup. I am glad that I can make this soup to reminisce my memories of old time. Hope you enjoy it too… J
Total Time: 40 minutes
40 g Black Fungus (soak in the water for an hour and rinse), thin sliced
100 g Enoki mushroom, cut and throw the end part, cut into two
1 Carrot, stripe cut
1 block Tofu, stripe cut
1 stick Bamboo shoot, stripe cut
1 Egg, beaten
1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Chicken power (or Vegetarian powder)
1 liter Water
6 tsp Corn starch/Tapioca, dissolve in 6 tsp water
1 tsp White pepper
1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar
- Prepare all ingredients.
- In a pot, bring 1-1,5 liter of water (about 1/3 of the pot) to a boil. Cook black fungus, enoki mushroom, and bamboo shoot for about 1-2 minutes. Rinse. This step is to clean the mushroom and bamboo shoot.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil on medium. Throw in carrot, cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add in 1 -1,5 liter water.
- Add the black fungus, enoki, bamboo, sauce, and tofu. Let it boil. Once it’s boiling, add in the corn starch mixture.
- Stir until it’s boiling, slowly pour the beaten egg, stir to break the egg up.
- In a bowl. Mix pepper and black Chinese vinegar, pour the soup in. ready to serve.